As we enter the last couple of months of 2020, there are many things competing for our attention on a national level. I have no doubt that 2020 will be remembered for both the coronavirus, and the outcome of our upcoming election. While it is impossible to ignore or remain unaffected by these things, I want to share some things we have to rejoice about in the midst of these uncertain times:
1. From October 2019 to October 2020 we baptized 8 people. This includes 3.5 months of 2020 when we did not physically meet!
2. During much of the time we were not meeting, we were able to serve the Lord with drive-thru meals to our community.
3. In the last several months, attendance in Bible study and worship has been the same as it was prior to the pandemic. This actually demonstrates growth – as we still have many regular folks who are not attending Bible study and worship due to health concerns.
4. Our giving, during a pandemic year, is exceeding our budgeted requirements for the first time in 8 years!
5. Our nursery is full and children’s church has doubled.
6. We are regularly feeding around 140 people on Wednesdays, and discipling between 30-40 kids and 20-30 youth, as well as 30 men and women, in addition to our prayer group.
I don’t know exactly what 2021 holds, but I know God is at work at FBC Llano and that I’m proud to be your pastor!